TOHO Round 8/0 : RE-Glass - PermaFinish - Brown (Qty 1 Tube)
TOHO Round 8/0 : RE-Glass - Luster Green (Qty 1 Tube)
TOHO Round 11/0 : RE-Glass - Transparent Blue (Qty 1 Tube)
TierraCast : Cone - 13 x 11mm, 2mm Hole, 7.8mm ID, Flowering, Brass Oxide (Qty 2)
TierraCast : Bead Cap - 5 mm Leaf, Brass Oxide (Qty 2)
TierraCast : Earwire - 20g Small Loop, Niobium Brass (Qty 1 Pair)
TOHO One-G Thread 50 Yard Spool: Gray (Qty 1 Spool)
Tulip - Beading Needles (2 pcs) : #12 (Qty 1 Tube)
2-Inch 20 Gauge Brass Head Pins (Qty 2)
Chain Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Designed by: Becky Dahl
1. Cut approximately 2 feet of thread. Using a beading needle, string on one TOHO seed bead and then bring the needle back up through the bottom of the bead again. This creates a stopper bead so the rest of the beads don't fall off. You can use a bead stopper behind this bead as well to help keep tension on the thread as you work.
2. Decide how long you want the strand of coral. String that length of beads onto the thread. This will be the main branch. We used the green TOHO seed beads for our main color. Then string three of the accent color beads. We used the blue and brown beads for the accent colors.
3. Skipping the three accent color beads, pass the needle down through the two nearest main color beads.
4. Pull tight to create a cluster of the accent color beads on the end.
5. String on two main color beads and three accent color beads. Keep some tension on your thread as you work.
6. Skip these three accent color beads and pass the needle down through the two nearest main color beads.
7. Pull tight to make a second cluster. Pass the needle down through the next four main color beads on the main branch.
8. Add four main color beads and three accent color beads.
9. Skipping the three accent color beads, pass the needle down through the two nearest main color beads.
10. Add two main color beads and three accent color beads.
11. Skip the three accent color beads and pass the needle down through the two nearest main color beads.
12. Pass the needle down through the next two main color beads leading to the main branch.
13. You are now back on the main branch where you started step 7. Pass the needle down through the next three main color beads. Continue to repeat steps 7 through 12 until you have reached as close to the end of the strand as you like, keeping in mind the TierraCast cone will slide over some of the seed beads at the top of your strand.
14. Create another long branch of coral about the same length as your first branch coming off of the main branch. Continue making smaller branches on this new long branch in the same manner as your first branch.
15. Repeat the previous step to make a third branch of coral.
16. Attach your coral fringe to an eye pin. You can either slide the first bead at the top of your coral onto the eye pin or use your thread to loop and knot the thread to the eye of the eye pin. Secure and trim all threads.
17. Add a bead or two to the stem of the eye pin if desired and then slide the TierraCast cone onto the eye pin. Add a TierraCast bead cap and then a brown seed bead. Make a wrapped loop at the top of the beads.
18. Open the loop of an earwire and attach to the wrapped loop you just made. Close the loop of the earwire.
19. Repeat steps 1-18 to make the other earring.